Thursday, March 14, 2013

Lemon Cake Recipe



This recipe came from my mother after I tasted it at her house so I have no idea of its true origins (my mother said it is Moroccan cake), but it is a great cake to make quick, easy and very tasty.
 I have made this for my friends and for my husband. Also work meetings and other occasions and it has always received many compliments. The other great thing about this cake is that it only uses ingredients that I would always have in the house.








Lemon Cake Recipe:
Ingredients:
250g all purpose flour
3 eggs, separated
3 tablespoons of stick unsalted butter, softened
7 tablespoons of sugar
1 big glass of fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon of olive oil
2 teaspoons of yeast plant
How to prepare the Orange Cake Recipe:
Step 1: Heat
Pre heat the oven to 170C°/338F°
Generously oil all types of pans with butter then lightly flour. (if making cupcakes, place paper baking cups in muffing cups, or oil and flour muffin cups).
Step 2: Mix
Mix all ingredients except flour, in large bowl on low speed until moistened then add the flour.
Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes, or beat 3 minutes by hand. Pour into pan.
Step 3: Bake
Put the cooking tray in the oven for :
+ 24 cupcakes = 18-23 minutes
+ Two 23cm rounds = 25-30 minutes
+12 Cup bundt cake pan = 35-40
+ Rectangle = 30-35

No comments:

Post a Comment